Friday, September 3, 2010

Spending $$$

I just spent about $70 at Wal-Mart (luckily I had a gift-card) on things for Peace Corps. Here are some of the treasures I came home with:
- LED headlight ($15)
- Small LED Flashlight ($5)
- Crank LED Flashlight that requires no batteries ($10)
- All-in-one Pocket Knife Tool Thingy (pliers, screwdrivers, saw, etc.) ($10)
- 2 Waterbottles ($8)
- 2 Pairs of Leggings ($10)
- Can Opener ($2)
- 3 Cheap Vegetable Peelers (supposedly they are good as gifts?) ($3)
- 2 Pairs of Scissors ($2)
- Crossword Book ($1)

Now I might go order a Diva Cup for ~ $30 (I'm not going to explain what a Diva Cup is on here....google it if you are that interested)

3 comments:

  1. Are you a little weired out by the whole Diva Cup thing? I think about it and it seems like it will def. be an adjustment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I'm not totally sure about it either Kimberly, but that's why I am ordering it now and will have 2 months to try it & get used to it before I leave for Africa. I've heard from other PCVs that it is great...so I don't know....we'll see :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have heard of those too and was wondering what you do about that sort of thing over there! let me know how it works!

    ReplyDelete