Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bad Day

As I start to get over the initial shock and disappointment that I will not be going to Lesotho, I am entering into the shock of "what the heck am I going to do for the next 4 months?". I essentially quit my job 2 months ago, and my information is already gone from the school district system, so basically I have to start over at ground zero. I tried that today, and started filling out the teaching application...

I got to the section about my certification, and I busted out crying, b/c my certification information is all filed away and packed up, beneath a stack of more boxes....I didn't think I was going to need to get to it for at least 2 more years....

I finally looked up my certification information online....then I moved to the next section....detailed descriptions of intern placements/student teaching....really? OMG I have to fill this all out again!?!?!

The other sections went on to Teaching Jobs, References, Recommendations, etc.....so yeah, I was so frustrated and stressed that I just quit filling it out and gave up for the day.

If I had not planned on leaving in November and had not given up my job, I would be in there teaching right now. I could have taught until January, and then taken a short break before my departure in February. But instead, I am sitting here filling out lengthy applications like I was back in grad. school and looking for my first teaching job. This sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment